Mineral eye shadows for every occasion, From neutral to brights and sparkly to matte.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

MPZ Swatches and Initial Thoughts

I saw My Pretty Zombie on Heartsy and jumped on it. I love the zombie theme and i've heard nothing but good things about Andrea and her shop. The whole experience was flawless. I ordered the day before it went live on Heartsy since i'm a VIP. I got a convo from Andrea that night and that my order would ship on Monday. It was a really quick TAT.

The package complete with fake finger:



First row left to right: Bone, Gangrenous and Old Bruise.
Second row left to right: Monstrous Industry, My Pretty Zombie
and Bettie.


Bone



Gangrenous

Old Bruise

Monstrous Industry

My Pretty Zombie

Bettie

My color descriptions: all are shimmery except Old Bruise
Bone: really pale yellow with green undertones.
Gangrenous: a light purple that shifts to green yellow depending on the light.
Old Bruise: matte yellow with orange undertones. When blended out you get the old bruise effect.
Monstrous Industry: light purple with blue/turquoise shimmery shift.
My Pretty Zombie: dark raspberry with slight pink shimmer.
Bettie: green with yellow undertones.

Swatches:


dry swatches no base left to right: Bone, Gangrenous and Old Bruise



Dry swatches no base left to right Monstrous Industry, My Pretty Zombie and Bettie.


Foiled with water no base left to right: Bone. Gangrenous, and Old Bruise.

Foiled with water no base left to right: Monstrous Industry, My Pretty Zombie and Bettie.

Thoughts: I've only worn My Pretty Zombie so far and forgot to get a picture. It is a pretty color though it didn't last to well on me, but that could have been my eyes being a bit watery. So I will have to report back on that. One concern I have is the ingredient list. Looks like this:



From what I can read it says the following: mica may contain oxides, ferric, carmine or glitter. All the shadows say the same thing. Which makes them all not vegan, but I doubt Old Bruise or Bone have carmine in them, I guess that is the may contain. On the site I could not find proper ingredient list either. If that is what is in them then they have nothing in them to make them last longer, meaning no base and Old Bruise is easy to work with for a matte so there has to be something in it besides mica and oxides. I feel that the ingredient list are incomplete. I think some of the newer listing have an ingredient list. So hopefully they will be updated on the packaging as well.

EDIT
: There will be or already are labels with the proper ingredients on the jars! And I believe Andrea is updating the ingredients on the listings!

The colors are pretty and the Zombie theme is awesome. I will follow this up with some looks using the colors.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You got some of my favorite colors. =D

    I can for sure say Andrea is planning on updating the older listings with the ingredient list. She started adding the complete list to new shadows right before the heartsy deal. =] Though I don't know if she is planning on updating the ingredients on the labels or not, I haven't asked about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how i missed unicorn pee.

    ReplyDelete